|Glassed fuse bottom (white stips are|
overlapped pieces of peel ply
1. Put in dry micro to round the cornersI just can't work fast enough to get all that done in one session and I know my back would never hold out. I broke the job up as recommended in the Cozy FAQs. Steps 1-4 in one session, 5 in one session, and 6 in another session when you could turn the fuselage on it's side to do the taping to make it easier.
2. Micro all the foam
3. Layup 2 layers of glass which takes 6 separate pieces
4. Add a separate reinforcement layer on the rear section
...wait 3-4 hrs...
5. Flox the bottom onto the fuselage
6. Tape the interior intersections to the bottom (while the fuselage is upside down with you head up inside)
Just putting the glass on and peel plying the whole thing took me a grueling 12 hrs. (Peel Ply not required on the entire thing but I think it looks better for finishing the interior than seeing the glass weave) I don't know how long it took others but I know I didn't think it would take but half that. I could have saved some time, maybe 3 hours, by wetting out 2 ply's of glass at a time but I was worried about doing that with such large pieces of glass. If the underneath ply got moved out of position, I'd have a hard time correcting it.
In any case, the. tough part, at least for me, is now done. Time to install the sucker.